Welcome to the AAMGA University Online Course Catalog. We offer over 50 classroom options listed below. We also offer access to over 200 online courses including Continuing Education and Webinars at www.aamga.org/education/univ. Please take the time to peruse the selection and find out how to take a course from the convenience of your desk or bring a course and instructor to your location. Our courses are organized by Education Track and Course Level, as outlined below:
- Emerging Exposures
- Global Marketplace
- Personal Lines
- Professional Development
- Professional Liability
- Program Business
- LEVEL 100 Basic level course which generally assumes limited exposure to the subject matter. Course will involve an introduction to terms, concepts, techniques and ways of thinking/learning within the discipline.
- LEVEL 200 Intermediate level course which generally assumes exposure to related topics, although perhaps not to the specifics of the subject matter. Course will provide emphasis on understanding connections among terms and concepts to build upon current knowledge of the discipline.
- LEVEL 300 Advanced level course which generally assumes in-depth familiarity with terms, techniques, and approaches of the discipline. Course will provide emphasis on a more narrowly defined topic within the discipline so as to build upon and hone current knowledge and skills of the topic area.
Most of our courses are taught on a rotational basis at our University East (March in Atlanta, Georgia) and West (August in Scottsdale, Arizona) events each year. We also invite you to request these courses to be hosted within your organization. To request a course or to discuss further, please contact:
Donna Oxford, Director of CE and CLE
When hosting a course in-house, your organization will be responsible for the following costs:
- Instructor Fee These fees vary between instructors but generally range from $500 to $1500 per half-day (3 or 4 hours) session.
- Travel Expenses Fees for the instructor’s travel and living expenses related to facilitating a course at your location will be passed along to you.
- Materials Cost Most courses have an accompanying textbook which will need to be provided to each attendee. We can arrange printing and pass along the cost to you, or you can choose to arrange for the printing of all materials.
- Administrative Fee In order to cover the cost of arranging and coordinating the class, we will pass along the following per-student fees:
- Non-CE Classes: $20.00 per attendee
- CE-Classes: $35.00 per attendee
The AAMGA University has over 50 faculty members from both within and outside our AAMGA Membership. We strive to bring you the best possible education from experts in their field. There are multiple instructors available to facilitate most courses and we will work to bring the best possible fit to your organization.
CONTINUING EDUCATION AVAILABILITY
Many of our courses are filed for State Continuing Education. If you are interested in hosting a CE class in your facility, please note that 120 days advance notice will be needed to ensure all requested states are filed.
AAMGA UNIVERSITY DESIGNATIONS
All courses listed here, as well as online courses, qualify for both of the AAMGA University Designations. The AAMGA University recognizes individual and agency dedication to continuing professional development by awarding Designations. There are two designations. One is for individuals: the CIW, Certified Insurance Wholesaler and the other is for Agencies: the CMGA - Certified Managing General Agency. Please click here for additional details.