WSIA Underwriting Boot Camp, Week 2: Intermediate Training is designed to advance technical underwriting competencies and professional development of new underwriters. WSIA educators and professionals will incorporate their industry knowledge, review actual submissions and case studies, drive team discussions, and foster individual decision-making in this interactive learning experience.
Participants Can Expect To:
- Build a framework and thought process for analyzing and assessing risk
- Become familiar with Property and General Liability forms used to customize coverage, as well as ancillary lines of business
- Develop an understanding of underwriting issues related to specific classes of business
- Learn to understand and apply company underwriting guidelines
- Discover marketing and sales techniques and approaches
Week 2 requires a fundamental knowledge of common General Liability and Property forms and coverage. Individuals should be new to or moving into a decision making role for new business and/or renewal account underwriting. Please note: Week 2 is designed to be a self-contained learning experience; participation in Week 1 is not a prerequisite. However, individuals who completed Week 1 will find Week 2 to be an excellent complement to the Week 1 training.
Click here to download the brochure