PRACTICAL HOW TO’S ON OVERCOMING YOUR TOUGHEST CHALLENGES
Save your sanity and take back control of effectively managing skills, traits, and, YES, the people around you with four simple principles that we guarantee will transform the status quo.
“MOVING FROM DISCUSSION INTO ACTION”
Changes in technology, demographics and your agents’ priorities are taking place at breathtaking speed and it’s easy to feel that keeping up is impossible. Learn how to break both internal and external barriers that have stopped you for years!
- Hear how to turn your vision into reality that projects confidence, passion and compelling action from others.
- Use these simple words, “Committed to Create” in order to break lifelong internal setbacks.
- The power of using a communications technique we call “C4A” that will impact your ability to command challenging situations and get results overnight.
- Learn how to anticipate difficult conversations before they strike and overcome them using a highly effective 3 step process.
- Restructure what you already know about people and behavior to meet needs a lot easier.
- Why “busy” is a bear trap that can keep you from reaching your goals.
Presenter: Brandie J. Hinen of Powerhouse Learning
Brandie Hinen is the CEO and founder of Powerhouse Learning, a coaching and consulting service that has been helping organizations achieve peak performance since 2003. Not the typical consulting firm, Powerhouse Learning uses a unique combination of on-site visits, on-line tools and performance coaching to facilitate lasting behavioral change.
Clients of this unique method state experiencing a sense of motivation, accountability and lasting, radical improvement.
Brandie is exceptionally insightful, quickly isolating root causes that are inhibiting peak performance. Her diagnostic analysis and feedback is always direct, honest, and no holds barred.
The “wholistic” approach encompasses every aspect of business, including management, sales, and service programs. Self-administered videos train best practices for each of these groups. One-on-one coaching addresses motivational, emotional, and inter-personal issues in addition to proven best practices. Implementation is expedited with the extensive library of templates and proven programs.
Brandie is in high demand as a speaker and facilitator for strategic conversations. Her presentations are rich in practical take-away recommendations motivating her audience to higher levels of performance. Every engagement is delivered with passion, spiced with real life stories.
The accounts handled in the Excess & Surplus Lines market have a higher than average exposure to loss and may have unique attributes. In order to produce competitive and profitable quotes on this business, underwriters have to customize coverage. Understanding the intent and proper usage of various General Liability limiting endorsements is critical. By reviewing lessons from loss and completing a range of case studies, we will reinforce coverage intent and proper form usage.
The forms that will be discussed include:
- Exclusion – Products Completed Operations Hazard (CG2104)
- Exclusion – Designated Products (CG2133)
- Exclusion – All Hazards in Connection with Designated Premises (CG2100)
- Exclusion – Designated Work (CG2134)
- Exclusion – Designated Ongoing Operations (CG2153)
- Limitation of Coverage to Designated Premises, Project or Operations (CG2144)
- Exclusion – Coverage C – Medical Payments (CG2135)
- Exclusion – Designated Professional Services (CG2116)
- Exclusion – Contractual Liability Limitation (CG2139)
Presenter: Kathy Suhm, CPCU, CIW, ASLI, AIC, AMIM, ARM of Nautilus Insurance Group
Kathy Suhm is the Vice President of Underwriting Training and Development for Nautilus Insurance Group. Kathy is responsible for strategic initiatives that support the training, mentoring, and career development of the internal underwriting staff and Nautilus’ agency partners. Prior to her current role, Kathy managed the Underwriting Audit Department and was the Vice President of Brokerage Underwriting for Nautilus.
Kathy has been in the insurance industry for over 25 years and, in addition to Nautilus, has worked for Chubb, Kemper and Travelers Insurance. The majority of her career has been spent in a variety of underwriting roles including senior underwriter, Underwriting Director and Underwriting Vice President. Kathy has managed both standard and surplus lines business.
Join us as we explore the similarities and differences between US and Canadian best practices.
You’re invited to attend this dynamic session where you can learn more about the opportunities available to become more involved in the U40. Hear from your U40 President, Chris Peterson, what the value added benefits to membership are. Be part of the future of the industry by joining your voice with hundreds of other U40 members. We look forward to seeing you there!