A person who wishes to obtain the CIW designation must complete 120 education hours and submit a project designed to demonstrate the individual's knowledge and expertise in the wholesale insurance field. The Director of Education and the Accreditation committee will approve the project idea and the Accreditation Committee will evaluate the completed work for acceptability.
How Do I Qualify?
Of the 120 required hours, a minimum of 72 hours must be earned from AAMGA University Courses and can be earned in the classroom or online. Credit is allowed for prior educational activities, as well. Please see the application for full details. Once the hours are achieved, a final project of your choice, to be approved by the Accreditation Chair, is required. The project will be published on this website and should be relevant to the membership. Ideas for final projects can include:
- Research and write White paper
- Develop and teach a course
- Develop a program such as Orientation, Mentoring or Coaching
- Develop a strategic document (Sales, Growth, Marketing, etc.)
- Submit your own idea to Jeff Henry, Director of Education (firstname.lastname@example.org), for approval.
Current Certified Insurance Wholesalers (CIW)*
AAMGA members that have achieved the coveted designation of Certified Insurance Wholesalers are:
- Scott M. Anderson, CIW, Concorde General Agency, Inc.
- TC Anderson, IV, CIW, RPS Scottsdale
- Lyle Ashley, CIW, Ashley General Agency LLC
- Elaine Barrow, CIW, Johnson & Johnson, Inc., CMGA
- Jon C. Barton, CIW, CIC, Surplus Line Managers, CMGA
- Chris Behymer, CIW, CPCU, ASLI, Markel - West / Scottsdale
- Thomas Berry, CIC, CIW, Scobie Group West Des Moines, CMGA
- Kurt C. Bingeman, CIW, Russell Bond & Co., Inc., CMGA
- John R. Black, CIW, W. E. Love & Assoc., Inc. CMGA
- Tonya Burris, CPCU, ASLI, CIC, CIW, Johnson & Johnson, Inc., CMGA
- Edwin J. Calabrese, CIC, CIW, AAMGA Past President
- Vera Ellen Carter, CIW, AmWINS Transportation Underwriters, Inc., CMGA
- R. C. Chaffin, CIW, SeaCoast Underwriters, Inc., CMGA
- Shawn Chaffin, CIW, SeaCoast Underwriters, Inc., CMGA
- Rhonda Daugherty, CIW, Creative Underwriters Corporation, CMGA
- Brent Davis, CIW, Texas Specialty Underwriters
- Paul Davis, CIW, Texas Specialty Underwriters
- Charles T. Deering, CIW, Insurance House / Deering & Associates, CMGA
- Kerry P. Dillard, CIW, Bloss & Dillard, Inc., CMGA
- Wesley C. Duesenberg, Jr., CIW, Southern Insurance Underwriters, Inc., CMGA
- Tripp Duesenberg, CIW, Southern Insurance Underwriters, Inc., CMGA
- Helen Feygin, CIW, Metcom Excess, CMGA
- Wayne G. Forest, Sr., CIW, Forest Insurance Facilities, Inc., CMGA
- Danny Gendusa, CIW, RPS First Premium, CMGA
- Robert S. Giles, CIW, Scobie Group, CMGA
- Colleen Giles-Harris, CIW, CIC, Scobie Group, CMGA
- Anthony Glotzbach, CIW, Scobie Group New Albany, CMGA
- Preston H. Gough, Jr., CIW, Southern Cross Underwriters, CMGA
- James 'Flip' Hogan, Jr., CIW, AmWINS Transportation Underwriters, Inc., CMGA
- Joseph P. Hutelmyer, CIW, AmWINS Transportation Underwriters, Inc., CMGA
- Jim Kranzberg, CIW, Bell & Clements Ltd.
- Jennifer Larsen Jensen, CIW, CIC, Erickson-Larsen, Inc.
- Daisy Lasky, CIW, Green Mountain Agency, Inc., CMGA
- Edward Levy, CIW, Risk Placement Services, Inc.
- John H. Love, CIW, W. E. Love & Associates, Inc. CMGA
- Len LoVullo, CIW, LoVullo Associates, Inc., CMGA
- Rosemarie Marshall, CIW, AmWINS Brokerage of Texas
- Francis J. Mastowski, CIW, Jimcor Agency Inc. T/A Jimcor Agencies, CMGA
- Mark Maucere, CIW, AmWINS Transportation Underwriters, Inc., CMGA
- David Miller, CIW, CPCU, W. A. Schickedanz Agency, Inc., CMGA
- Vicki Minor, CIW, AmWINS Transportation Underwriters, Inc., CMGA
- Ronnie C. Moore, CIW, AAMGA Past President
- Eileen Muller, CIW, Maxum Specialty Insurance Group
- Matthew Mundelius, CIW, Union General Ins. Services
- Gary Peterson, CIW, ASLI, Chris-Leef General Agency, CMGA
- Kevin Prast, CIW, Continental Agency Of Connecticut, Inc.
- Tom Rogan, CIW, AAMGA Past President
- Mark A. Rothert, CIW, Rothert Insurance, CMGA
- M. Thomas Ruke, Jr., CIC, CPIA, CIW, Insurance Business Consultants, Inc.
- James Ryan, CIW, Market Finders Insurance Corp., CMGA
- Ralph Sabbagh, ASLI, General Star Management Co.
- Robert A. Schneider, CIW, RPS Schneider, CMGA
- Peter B. Scobie, CIW, Scobie Group, CMGA
- Dar Setters, CIW, Creative Underwriters Corporation, CMGA
- Libby Smith, CIW, AmWINS Transportation Underwriters, Inc., CMGA
- Fred B. Steves, CIW, Myron F. Steves & Company, CMGA
- Kathy Suhm, CIW, Nautilus Insurance Group
- Coryn Thalmann, CIC, CIW, Jimcor Agency Inc. T/A Jimcor Agencies, CMGA
- Colin Wills, CIW, Bloss & Dillard, Inc., CMGA
- Brad F. Wood, CIW, ASLI, AU, Specialty Risk Associates, Inc., CMGA
- John F. Wood, III, CIW, CIC, Specialty Risk Associates, Inc., CMGA
- Gwen Young, CIW, MUSIC
* CIW and CWIS Designations combined in 2008
Click here to download the CIW Designation Application
Click here to download the CIW Final Project Guidelines
Certified Insurance Wholesaler Project White Papers
- Truckers Insurance in the New Millennium, by Elaine Barrow, CIW
- The Value of Using Loss Control Audits in Insuring the Trucking Industry, by Flip Hogan, CIW
- Disaster Planning: An I/T Perspective, by Jonathan Niebergall, CIW
- Available Tools to Successfully Underwrite Transportation Risks, by Libby Smith, CIW:
- Mediating the Tort Claim, by Ronald Joyce, CIW
- Unravel the Mystery of Garage Liability, by Jen Chandler – RDS Group of Kansas, LLC and Lisa Daniels – Montpelier US Insurance Company
- Understanding the Data Viability and Uses for Underwriting Commercial Auto
Liam Hutelmyer, Underwriter, AmWINS Transportation Underwriters, Inc.