- Under Forty
- HR Links
The Human Resources Committee works to provide members with the information needed to effectively manage their human capital investment, regardless of organizational size. Compliance with federal and state employment statutes, the opportunity to implement best practices mutually beneficial to both the employee and employer, and the need to embrace employee recruitment and retention efforts is important to insurance agents and all companies alike.
The Committee works closely with Headquarters staff to ensure timely updates are made to the Employee Handbook, downloadable from the AAMGA website. The Committee also works closely with the University Director to develop relevant classes on human resource related topics. The annual University East event has a dedicated HR track which includes courses developed and delivered by many members of the committee.
The AAMGA University is currently a recognized provider of SHRM (Society of Human Resource Management) credit which can be applied to required continuing education credit needed to maintain both the PHR (Professional in Human Resources) and the SPHR (Senior) Designations.
It is vitally important for the wholesale community to work together and advance employment related issues. One of the AAMGA’s greatest strengths is the trusted relationships among members who, through networking and other contacts, look to one another for advice and recommendations on solving problems. The Human Resources Committee is dedicated to making it easier to share HR knowledge among members.
2012-2013 Human Resources Committee Goals
- Release new handbook (reformatted).
- Research the ability to have a link to the SHRM website.
- Participate in meetings with Marketing and Education committees regarding student awareness of E&S industry.
- Complete revamp of the HR webpage.
- Develop training webinars on “how to” items for webpage.
- Contribute HR topics for @AAMGA newsletter.
- Recruit 3-5 new HR committee members.
- Attend 2013 “Annual Convention” to increase awareness of HR resources for AAMGA members (marketing materials - $500, travel/lodging $1,500 for attendees from Human Resources).
Members of the 2012-2013 AAMGA H.R. Committee are
|David A. Thomas
E. A. Kelley Co.
|Lisa Van Leuvan
Metcom Excess, CMGA
Insurance House - Corporate Office
Nautilus Insurance Group
Century Insurance Group
Burns & Wilcox, Ltd.
XL Excess & Surplus Lines
Arlington/Roe & Co., Inc.
Scottsdale Insurance Company
|Dianne L. Shelton
RPS Continental, CMGA