- Under Forty
- HR Links
The AAMGA’s Education Committee works with the AAMGA University Chancellor and Headquarters’ University staff to ensure quality, relevant courses are made available to members.
The committee meets regularly to discuss upcoming University events including Weekend programs, Stand-Alone programs and Agency and Company-sponsored courses. The committee provides input on class topic selection, content, instructors and locations with the goal of providing members with the ideal technical and developmental solutions to meet their educational needs. A wide variety of wholesale and surplus lines audiences are represented by the committee thanks to the differing backgrounds that each of the members bring.
The committee provides input on strategic University initiatives such as long-range course planning and University marketing initiatives. The commitment of committee members has led to the honor of AAMGA University being one of the most important benefits of being an AAMGA member.
2012-2013 Education Committee Goals
- Curriculum planning: develop a course catalog and schedule of classes both of which will encompass timely content and instruction.
- University expertise: enhance the education events with networking opportunities.
- Marketing: increase education event and designation awareness and participation.
- Accreditation: complete annual review of CIW and CMGA designations and accreditation process.
- Partnerships: expand AAMGA’s visibility and engagement with colleges, universities, and professional insurance associations and organizations.
Members of the 2012-2013 AAMGA Education Committee are
Risk Placement Services, Inc.
|Mark Rothert, CIW
Ron Rothert Insurance Services Inc., CMGA
|Wes Duesenberg, Jr., CIW
Underwriters, Inc., CMGA
|Jeff Henry, M.Ed.
|Rosemarie Marshall, CIW
AmWINS Brokerage of Texas
|Kathy Suhm, CIW
Nautilus Insurance Group
|Ralph Sabbagh, CIW, ASLI
General Star Management Co.
Markel Southwest Underwriters Inc.
G.J. Sullivan Co.
Burlington Insurance Group
Northland Insurance Companies
Hartford Steam Boiler Inspection
& Insurance Co.
Sierra Specialty Insurance